terça-feira, 13 de maio de 2008

Cristiano Ronaldo says he's happy to stay at Manchester United


Cristiano Ronaldo has told Manchester United fans he's not interested in a move to Real Madrid right now, even if the Spanish club bids 100 million pounds for him.

"I'm at the right club, playing with the right players and I learn things all the time," Ronaldo told United's TV channel MUTV. "That's what's great about being at United. I improve all the time and I want to improve every season. I think I'm a better player now than five years ago."

Ronaldo joined United from Sporting Lisbon and has said he might one day be interested in moving to Spanish soccer, and that his mother had told him she hoped he would play for Madrid. Reports in Spain suggested that Madrid would consider bidding 100 million pounds for the Portuguese winger.

Ronaldo has scored 41 league and cup goals for Manchester United this season, helping the Red Devils win the Premier League for the second season in a row and reach the Champions League final against Chelsea in Moscow on May 21.

"This season has been a great one for me," he said. "I've scored a lot of goals, the team have played very well and we're champions. It's amazing."

Nenhum comentário: