sexta-feira, 25 de janeiro de 2008

Ronaldo Enjoying United Life





Cristiano Ronaldo has thanked his Manchester United team-mates for the "great passes" that have helped him score 23 goals this season.

Ronaldo could overtake his best ever seasonal goals tally for the club on Sunday against Tottenham in the fourth round of the FA Cup.

And with four months of the campaign still to run, Sir Alex Ferguson has tipped the Portugal international to hit the 30 mark.

Ronaldo said: "I am enjoying my career at the moment as we are playing some nice football. But I need to say thanks to my team-mates. They help me a lot.

"They give me great passes and give me confidence. I appreciate that. Maybe I score more goals than my colleagues but they also help the team."

Ronaldo, most recently on target in the 2-0 Premier League victory against Reading, admits he is in shock at topping the scoring charts.

"I am very happy to be leading the way but it is more important the team wins," said Ronaldo, who has scored 17 league goals, two ahead of Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor.

"To be honest I am a bit surprised to have already equalled my total of 23 from last season.

"Now I want to improve, so I will continue to work hard in the hope of getting more goals."

United go into the Tottenham game on the back of four straight wins and four clean sheets.

Ferguson's side are a potent blend of attacking flair and defensive solidity and, despite a punishing schedule since before Christmas, the players are not wilting.

In fact it is quite the opposite, according to Ronaldo.

He added: "We have a good fitness coach. I feel good, I feel strong.

"The games are tough, especially as we have Arsenal and Chelsea around us at the top of the league.

"We need to be strong, both physically and mentally. At this moment the lads are very fit."

Paul Scholes is poised to make his comeback from a knee operation in the fourth-round tie while Gary Neville is due to start training on Saturday following a long-standing ankle problem.

Scholes, 33, could be named as substitute at Old Trafford after a three-month absence.

He last played in October and is back on the scene with United chasing success on three fronts - Champions League, Premier League and FA Cup.

Ferguson said: "Paul was starting training today at a competitive level. His rehabilitation has gone really well.

"It is just a question of how well he comes through the session but he could be on the bench. He will bring experience at an important part of the season.

"We have 15 league games left and hopefully a few more European ties as well.

"We are very buoyed by Paul coming back, he is like a new signing for us."

Ferguson believes the squad are refreshed after a four-day visit to Saudi Arabia, where they played in a testimonial match.

They arrived back last night and he said: "I enjoyed the trip. The banter was terrific and there was a good camaraderie between the players.

"With it being a nice climate out there, we has some good training sessions. It went okay for us."

Ferguson expects Tottenham to be fired up following the 5-1 victory against fierce rivals Arsenal which secured their place in the Carling Cup final and a match with Chelsea.

"They will be really buoyed by that result," he added.

"Maybe it wasn't the strongest Arsenal team but you still have to do your job. I don't think they can complain."



It's good he recognizes his team-mates, i said it before you need the team all helping each other, and it has so far, even the new players have settled in well.

Hes been modest about his goals, hes also had to finish his chances too and some of them have been great goals, so credit to him mostly hes having another amazing season.

Cristiano is settled into a very good team who know him well, why he would want to leave is beyond me (if he does).

Let's hope he continues this way.

Nenhum comentário: